1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 13, 2014 9:16 AM by philmodjunk

Returning multiple values from a dropdown/popup selection

jdressing

Title

Returning multiple values from a dropdown/popup selection

I have a portal with a popup on a field that I want to bring back the selected value along with a couple more values from the same row.

In the script trigger on "On Object Modify", I am calling a script that sets the field in the portal with a field from the table in the lookup...  it is not pulling back the right value.   It is bringing back a value, but not from the selected row.

How do I get multiple values from the selected row in the popup ?

Example:

Portal:  Measurement and Unit 

Popup:  They pick the measurement and I want it to not only bring back the measurement, but I also want it to bring back the unit.

• 1. Re: Returning multiple values from a dropdown/popup selection
          philmodjunk

There are multiple approaches that can be used.

But wouldn't it be simpler to select data from the portal row just by clicking either the portal row or a button placed in the portal row instead of selecting from a drop down list?

That also makes for a very simple script.

Once you have selected a portal row by either drop down or mouse click, it's not clear what you want to do with the measurement and units?

Are you putting that data in a field, several fields? In a new record? or ???

Those details can make a bit of a difference in the best approach for what you want to do.