Returning to Current Record after switching to a list layout within a given found set
I am trying to do the following:
1) From a form view layout
2) Go to a list layout (which has a subset of felds)
3) Be able to sort within the given found set.
4) Return to the original form layout, the to same record that I was in before going to the list layout and same found set.
The picture below shows the two scripts that I use to hot key between the form layout and the list layout.
Things to note:
1) When I go to the list layout, I specify the first field so all of the records in the found set will show. When viewed through the web it will not show the records prior to the record I am on unless I include go to first record. Regardless commenting out the go to first record does not solve the problem on some sorts.
2) I understand the record number to be the index of the current record and I understand that that would change after the sort; however, it appears this value is the value that the go to record script step is looking for. Without using a find how would I get the record number of the record after the sort?
3) I have thought of using the script step find but I want to keep the same found. Can FileMaker Pro save a found set? I'm not sure how I would do this in FM.
This DB is deployed on the web with instant web publishing.
Thanks in advance for any help.