3 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2013 7:35 AM by carolyn

Returning to Current Record after switching to a list layout within a given found set

carolyn

Title

Returning to Current Record after switching to a list layout within a given found set

Hi All,

I am trying to do the following:

1) From a form view layout

2) Go to a list layout (which has a subset of felds)

3) Be able to sort within the given found set.

4) Return to the original form layout, the to same record that I was in before going to the list layout and same found set.

The picture below shows the two scripts that I use to hot key between the form layout and the list layout.

Things to note:

1)  When I go to the list layout, I specify the first field so all of the records in the found set will show. When viewed through the web it will not show the records prior to the record I am on unless I include go to first record.  Regardless commenting out the go to first record does not solve the problem on some sorts.

2) I understand the record number to be the index of the current record and I understand that that would change after the sort; however, it appears this value  is the value that the go to record script step is looking for.  Without using a find how would I get the record number of the record after the sort?

3) I have thought of using the script step find but I want to keep the same found.  Can FileMaker Pro save a found set?  I'm not sure how I would do this in FM.

This DB is deployed on the web with instant web publishing.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Carolyn

Screen_shot_2013-05-30_at_4.38.20_PM.png