AnsweredAssumed Answered

Rolling average over multiple records

Question asked by nkolios on Jul 20, 2011
Latest reply on Jul 25, 2011 by nkolios

Title

Rolling average over multiple records

Hi,

I'm still a bit of a filemaker newbie, hence I'm a bit stuck.  Basically I have a database for timesheet info.  I have a table which represents basic details for each week, weekending date, week no etc.  I think have 4 other tables joined through the week ID.  One for timesheets, another for holidays, then sick leave and then maternity.  The layout context is the first table containing the weekly info, I then have a set of tabs set up with a tab for each of the other tables with a portal for data entry.

When a new record for a new day is created the timesheet portal is populated with all the members of staff currently on the payroll and then we enter the time into each day.

What I am trying to achieve is a rolling 12 week average for each member of staff, it would also be nice to have this data on one of the portals.  

I had thought of just copying the data into a temporary table and working out what I need to work out and then copying it back.  But I would rather take advantage of using relationships if there was a way to do it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Niko 

all.jpg

Outcomes