1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 30, 2011 10:49 AM by philmodjunk

Rotating or Random Field Update

jle1112003

Title

Rotating or Random Field Update

I have 6 fields to update. Each field has varied but fixed choice of available answers (like multiple choice) but long sentences. Now the idea is to create a 6 buttons on the upper part of window for each of the field. The user then randomly select the field to update which is represented by the buttons, and depending on the selected button - the corresponding field should be displayed on the lower portion of the window with the corresponding value list. The same space would be used for the next selection.

An immediate solution could be create screen for each field, but to have a script and using just 1 screen could be more efficient.

Thank you for assistance.

• 1. Re: Rotating or Random Field Update
          philmodjunk

Let me see if I have this correct:

Say you have two buttons and two fields. Button one adds the text: "Mary had a little lamb". Button two adds the text: "Her fleece was white as snow.".

If you have the cursor in field 1 and you click button 1, you see "Mary had a.." appear in that field. If you click button 2 you see "Her fleece.." appear in that field. If you put the cursor into field 2, the same two buttons add the same text, but to field 2 instead of field 1.

Is that what you have in mind?

If so, you can use Insert Text script steps to add the text specified in the script to the current field. (the field with the cursor in it.)