2 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2011 7:34 AM by jklm

run iwp without opening fm database

jklm

Title

run iwp without opening fm database

hi, i have created fm db. i also published it using iwp. i opened the db and was logged in into the system the db was accessible through web. after a while the system was locked, and my db became inaccessible through the web. i logged in into the system it became accessible through the web again. is there a way to run fm db as smth like mysql. so that i do not have to be logged in into the system and open the db so that it is accessible through the web? thanks a lot in advance!!!

• 1. Re: run iwp without opening fm database

jklm:

Thanks for posting.

Since the FileMaker Pro Web Publishing process is owned by the user that's logged in when starting it, there won't be a way to keep it running after you log out. FileMaker Server Advanced, on the other hand, will continue sharing after you log off.

If FileMaker Server Advanced isn't a good fit right now, you can configure your computer to not lock, logout or hibernate after periods of inactivity. If you let us know the operating system you're currently using, I should be able to offer a bit more advice on how to configure this.

TSBear
          FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: run iwp without opening fm database
            jklm

Hi TSBear, I got it working... Thanks a lot!