1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 7, 2009 11:19 AM by TSGal

running 3rd party programs in filemaker cross platform

gunnerstudio

Title

running 3rd party programs in filemaker cross platform

Hey. Im running a 3rd party server program (web server Abyss) to start a localhost sequence in my filemaker database so i can run a PHP page within the database. smart or not. (please give feedback) I dont know, but it works like a charm. I got the version for mac and PC saved in the runtime folder in filemaker 10 advanced. 

Question. Im going to publish this file as a runtime. cross platfrom. i need a validation so the database can figure out if the database is running on a mac or a PC so database can choose which file to open. and I also woulder if there is a script that can close the same program on database exit? I already have a exit script but haven't found a way to close the application.

and when it comes to creating runtime files. Im currently using PC. can i create a runtime file for MAC on a PC?

Thanks

Gunnar

• 1. Re: running 3rd party programs in filemaker cross platform
          TSGal

Gunnar:

If you want to create a runtime file for the Macintosh, you have to bind it on the Macintosh.  If you want to create a runtime file for Windows, you have to bind it on Windows.

Use the calculation function:

Get (SystemPlatform)

to determine if this solution is running on a Mac or Windows machine.  In short, this function returns -2 for Windows, -1 for PowerPC-based Macs, and 1 for Intel-based Macs.  For more information about Get (SystemPlatform), see the listing under "Help" menu.

To close the runtime solution, use the script step "Exit Application".

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.