AnsweredAssumed Answered

Running balance report

Question asked by robyne on Feb 27, 2013
Latest reply on Feb 27, 2013 by robyne

Title

Running balance report

I am trying to create a report that will show all my accounts and their current running balance.  Basically, I have a series of "checkbook" accounts for each employee.  Each account has a running balance field, which works fine on a report for that employee.  But when I put it the field on the report with all accounts, either it computes everyone together or the amount will not show up unless I actually click into the field (this is via a portal and the information goes away the moment I am out of the field). 

I am using three tables for this:  Table 1 is for Services, Table 2 is for the Employee and Table 3 is for the "Register" .  So an Employee may take care of 5 Services that incur a set of expenses.  The relationship there is based on the Employee# (Services - Employee).  Then the employee will take those expenses out of the "his" Register.  This relationship is based on Register# (Services - Register).  The register is where the running balance occurs.  

The final relationship is based on the Employee-Register (using Employee #).   Using this 3rd relationship does work in a portal but you cannot see the information unless you click into the field.   What am I missing?

Running FM Advanced 12.3 on Mac OS 10.7.5

Outcomes