4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2009 1:02 AM by Andrea

Running Total

Andrea

Title

Running Total

I am an absolute beginner and I have many problems with running totals.

This is an example of what I would need to get:

and so on ... 

Thank you! 

Andrea 

• 1. Re: Running Total
          Orlando

Hi Andrea and welcome to the forum,

I cant see the pic but have a go at setting up a Summary field that gives you a running total, this will apply to the found set.

To do this you need to make sure the field you are totaling is a Number field then in Define Database create a new field and change the 'Type:' to be a Summary and click create, now a dialog will appear and you need to make sure 'Total of' is selected from the options on the left, and in the middle you select the field you want to total, and then finally tick the box next to 'Running total' under the list of field and click 'OK'

Now place the summary field on your layout and you will get a running total of all the records in your found set.

I hope this helps. 

• 2. Re: Running Total
            Andrea

I am sorry you can't see the pic.

Is there a way to post an example of what I need as an electronic sheet?

Andrea 

• 3. Re: Running Total
              Orlando

You need to place the image on a web server, or somewhere you can link it to the post.

If you don't have access to anything like that I will send you a private message, envelope icon at the top right, and i will have a look at it and post it on a web server for you to link to.

• 4. Re: Running Total
                Andrea

Thank you, it's ok for me.

Andrea