1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 23, 2014 4:05 PM by philmodjunk

Runtime Error

SteveBell

Title

Runtime Error

I cannot go any more than a few minutes when editing layouts in our database when I get the runtime error message "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way." (See attachment) This only happens when editing layouts and only in our main database.

We are running Filemaker 12 Pro on a Windows 7 machine with 4GB memory. The filemaker file is just over 2 GB with over 100 fields, more than 7,000 records and many thousands of transactions. Am I asking too much of the software, or expecting too much from my machine?

Runtime_Error.png

• 1. Re: Runtime Error
          philmodjunk

I have a file here that is twice that size and do not experience this issue.

I'd try running a recover on a copy of the file to see if any issue exist. (You may need to let the recover run over night). Then test the recovered copy, even if no trouble is found to see if the problem persists in the recovered copy.

Also check to see if this can happen on just any layout in your file or just one or two layouts. It's possible to have corrupted layout that is not detectable as a problem by recover. Thus, if the problem seems specific to a particular layout or two, you may be able to repair your file by recreating the damaged layouts.