1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 15, 2009 3:20 PM by TSGal

Runtime Gets: "Application Configuration Is Incorrect"

Contour

Title

Runtime Gets: "Application Configuration Is Incorrect"

I have a runtime application that has run successfully on a particular Windows XP PC since first built with FMP 8.0  About three years ago, I installed a version 8.5 build and several updates since then.  All ran without problems.  Now I'm trying to install my latest runtime built with FMP 10.0  The install appears to work fine, but when the App.exe tries to start, it gets the message "Application configuration is incorrect".

Can someone offer some possibile causes of this message?  Everything "looks" fine as far as the installed directory structure and contents.  I've tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling, of course ... plus combinations of rebooting and disabling the virus protection software.  Nothing has helped.  The Operating System is XP SP3 and the PC has 1Gb of memory and 2Gb of free disk space.

It's also worth mentioning that my FMP 10 application runs on a dozen different PCs, which are a mix of XP and Vista.  This problem has never come up on any of those installations. Likewise, this current target PC runs dozens of different applications with no problem.

Thanks in advance for any help.

• 1. Re: Runtime Gets: "Application Configuration Is Incorrect"
          TSGal

Contour:

Thank you for your post.

I don't have a clue why you are getting this message, and I know that doesn't help you.

My initial thought would be to open the database file in FileMaker Pro 10, and make sure everything seems fine.  Then, close the file, and create a new Runtime, just in case something didn't work properly the first time.

Do you have access to another machine (Windows XP) with FileMaker Pro 10 Advanced?  If so, try creating the Runtime on that machine and try launching the solution again.

Any additional information you can provide may be helpful in determining possible causes.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.