4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2009 2:40 PM by synergy46

Runtime Mystery?

synergy46

Title

Runtime Mystery?

I am running FM 10 Advanced.  

My application works greeat.  But, I want to open 2nd Window and load it with a different .fp7 app.  (Calendar.fp7)

In FM, I put a button labeled "Calendar".  When pressed, it opens a new window and load Calendar.fp7.  Works as expected.

But, if I produce a Runtime application, I get "CAN NOT BE OPENED (Not Found) when I press the Calendar button. 

I have put Calendar.FP7 in the same directory as my application.  I have put a copy in the original directory as well.  It doesn't make any difference.  

This seems to be a fairly undocumented phenomenon.

Got any ideas?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Runtime Mystery?
          Jade
             Did you include Calendar.fp7 in the bind list when you built the runtime?
          • 2. Re: Runtime Mystery?
            synergy46

If the 'bind list' is the list where I indicate the .fp7 files....  Yes, I did.  And the result was the same.  (Not Found).

And, another 'weird' aspect of this situation is that when I am asked to 'browse' to the location of the file, it is grayed out and can not be selected.

Is this a FM 10 Advanced bug?

Got it to work.  But, the weird thing is that in Runtime windows, there is no 'red' close button in the top left corner of the window.  How do I 'turn that on'?

=======

• 3. Re: Runtime Mystery?
              Jade

synergy46 wrote:

Got it to work.  But, the weird thing is that in Runtime windows, there is no 'red' close button in the top left corner of the window.  How do I 'turn that on'?

I got around this by adding a "Close Window" (cmd-W) command to the custom File menu.  It links to a script that checks that the user is not trying to close the main window.  If the user closes the last window open, the runtime application quits which probably explains why the  'red' close button has been deactivated.
               P.S. How did you get it to work? 

• 4. Re: Runtime Mystery?
                synergy46

I got it to work by 'accident'  (you know, screwing around until it works).  Then I 'broke' it and had to figure out why.

On my Members form I have a button labeled: "Calendar" .  It runs a script that invokes OPEN FILE["Calendar"].

This opens in it's own window.

But, I have to specify MANAGE in OPEN FILE and establish the path to the clendar.fp7.   That gets it working in FMA.  But, it doesn't necessarily work in the runtime version.

It seems the trick in RT is to put Calendar.fp7 in the same path as the main (Members.fp7) file.  (Yes, it seems that FM allows us to specify a path to the file but I am just reporting on what works)   Then I just compile and ba boom... it works.

I also put a "Close Window" button on the Calendar because FOR SOME UNKNOWN REASON the compiled windows DO NOT have the RED "X" in the upper left corner.  Got a clue on that one?  I don't.

Onward through the fog ...