1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 4, 2012 9:27 AM by philmodjunk

Runtime Problem

galeton

Title

Runtime Problem

Good morning. I would like to know how to set my runtime solution so that it automatically allows all users to to able to modify the program. I have gone in and set permissions for users but whenever I install the program I have to go and manually set the permissions for the program to allow modification of the files or else I get a message box that pops up saying the database is not modifiable. There must be some way that this can be done during the program installation. Thank you so much for any help.

• 1. Re: Runtime Problem
          philmodjunk

Exactly how are you installing the program. To where are you installing it?

A runtime file does not need to be installed in the programs folder--where it can inherit a "read only" setting. You can install it in other locations where this does not occur.

You can also use an installer application to install your runtime and this can allow you to put the runtime folder in the correct location with the correct permissions and some installer programs are available over the internet at no charge.