1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 25, 2010 6:10 AM by escargot

Sales Followup Calendar For Existing Database

dvmginc

Title

Sales Followup Calendar For Existing Database

Hello, we had a fairly extensive database built in Filemaker Pro 9. The primary use is as a sales database containing detailed info on our customers as well as a complete contact and sales history. Unfortunately, the salespeople do not have any method to schedule follow ups with their customers which is causing a lot of business to "slip through the cracks. I am looking for a product to use in conjunction with our existing database that will allow salespeople to schedule follow up contacts and view a daily, weekly or monthly calendar of the follow ups that they have scheduled. This seems like something that would be a fairly common need for a business but am having a difficult time finding anything that will work. I would be handing the implementation of this and have what would probably be considered an intermediate level knowledge of Filemaker. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Steve 

• 1. Re: Sales Followup Calendar For Existing Database
          escargot

I've just implemented a very basic version of what you're requesting. Simply by adding a date field to the relevant table called follow-up or some such. You can then simply run a find on this date to view all followups scheduled for that particular date.

I've taken it a little bit further than this now with a seperate layout that enables the sales consultants to select their initials, enter the date and click search, this then runs a script that finds the relevant records.