1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 14, 2014 8:06 AM by philmodjunk

Sales Order Report layout issue

BrettCollins

Title

Sales Order Report layout issue

Hi everyone, so I'm having an issue with a report that I've designed for doing sales orders. Everything works on the report, however because of the nature of the 'body' items repeating, the Subtotal / Total fields which are contained in a trailing grand summary appear at different heights on the page, depending on how many items its displaying. I've included an example with 2 records here.

My question is, how do I set it so the Total appears at the same place everything, regardless of how many records are displayed? One option I considered was copying the records to a temp table, and then if the number of records in that temp table was too low insert blanks to create enough space to force the totals to the bottom. That seems cumbersome tho, I figure there must be a more elegant solution.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Sales Order Report layout issue
          philmodjunk

If your report is never more than one page, put those fields in the body footer. Though to me, keeping those fields close to the last row is more flexible and looks better than putting them in the same place on the page no matter how many items are listed in the body. (And if you do that, you set up a problem for when the listed items exceed the space allocated for them--such as using a portal for the listed items.)