2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2009 9:54 AM by TSGal

Save as PDF

skilbeck

Title

Save as PDF

Hi,

My database uses a lot of container fields with OLE objects embedded from MS Visio. The database is used to store various drawings.

When using Filemaker pro 8 and 10 and printing using Acrobat the pdf's come out very clear. However, when using the Save As function and selecting PDF, the OLE objects loose a lot in definition, to the point where they are sometime unreadable.

Unfortunately, not everyone using the database has Acrobat.

Can anyone help? Is there a way to preserve the resolution of the OLE objects?

Thanks,

Skilbeck

• 1. Re: Save as PDF
          TSGal

skilbeck:

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, I am unfamiliar with Microsoft Visio, and the only program I use to view PDF's is Acrobat, so I haven't been too successful duplicating the problem.

I have forwarded your entire post to our Software Quality Assurance (Testing) department for review and confirmation.  When I receive more information, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Save as PDF
            TSGal

skilbeck:

Our Testing department wants to know if this issue occurs with other Microsoft Office applications or other Microsoft products.  For example, does it happen with Microsoft Paint?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.