Change the design of the layout so that your text field extends for two or more pages in height. You can use "slide up" and "resize enclosing part" settings on the Inspector's Position tab to shrink things and remove unused space.
Change the design of your database so that you split this information up into different fields and/or different records.
The two options are not mutually exclusive. You might end up using both.
Key facts about sliding layout objects:
- It's only visible in preview mode and when you print/save as PDF...
- Sliding fields will shrink but not expand.
- All layout objects below and in the same layout part as the slide/resize field need to also be set to slide up and resize.
- Objects in headers and footers will not slide.
- Portals will shrink/slide to fit the number of rows of records, but fields within the portal row will not shrink/slide.
- Fields will slide up only if Top alignment is specified for it and will slide left only if Left alignment is specified.
- Consistent side borders are difficult to achieve with sliding fields.
- In FMP13, hidden objects (”Hide object when”) will slide/resize.