5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2010 2:48 PM by deltatango

save to pdf todays work only

donnylee

Title

save to pdf todays work only

Is it possible to save todays work only to pdf instead of the entire database? If so can someone give me step by step instructions.

• 1. Re: save to pdf todays work only
          philmodjunk

Yes you can, how you do it depends on the information you record in your database.

If you have multiple records all marked with today's date in a date field, you'd perform a find for just those records (you can do this manually or with a script.), then use save as PDF and select the records being browsed option to output all the records you just found that are marked with today's date.

• 2. Re: save to pdf todays work only
            donnylee
               When I go into my script, I don't see an option to save a date. It just says save to PDF. Nothing else. Is it because I am using the trial version?
            • 3. Re: save to pdf todays work only
              philmodjunk
                 No, you would perform a find to find all records with a given date or range of dates. Select save as | PDF and use the records being browsed option so that the PDF contains all the records you just "found".
              • 4. Re: save to pdf todays work only
                HugoLidia

This sounds like an excellant way of preserving a log of the days changes so in the event of a system failure a restore could be done from teh previous day and then the only update would be whatever is in the saved pdf.

How would one go about scripting this to be performed, say on application load and then not just each day, but periodically during the day, say every hour with the file name being created set as "MyDatabase Daily Incremental dd/mm/yyy hh:mm" and obvilusly being saved to specified network paths (one locally and one remotely)?

For got to add, would there need to be a separate script for each table in the database ?

• 5. Re: save to pdf todays work only
                  deltatango
                     You can create an interval script to do backups.