3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2013 2:01 PM by bpmoney

Saved Finds Not working

JohnPutnam

Title

Saved Finds Not working

Win 8 OS using Filemaker Pro 12. 0v3.  I had to do a refresh of the Win 8 operating system and subsequently reinstall Filemaker Pro 12.  The "saved finds" and "recent finds" are greyed out and not available to me.  I can create new finds and save them but then can't use them.  I am able to lock and hide the toolbar and access the saved finds through the drop down menues but I just want it to work as it did before.  Did I do something wrong.    Personal pc. no other users.  No previous problem with this regardless of what version I used.  

• 1. Re: Saved Finds Not working
          philmodjunk

Is this specific to a file?

Try creating a small new file and see if you can work with saved finds or not.

If the test file has the same issue, you probably will need to re-install Filemaker.

• 2. Re: Saved Finds Not working
            JohnPutnam

Thank for the reply.

It is not specif to any file, but all databases that I use.

I have reinstalled the software and also downloaded and updated to the most recent versions.

I did create a new simple database, created a find and saved the find.  Same condition - "saved finds" and "recent Finds" greyed out and not available unless I hide the status bar. 

• 3. Re: Saved Finds Not working
                   My Saved Finds were greyed out because I was using a Custom Menu with my layout.  If you are using a Custom Menu, you have to go first to customs menus and create a "Saved Finds" menu, then go to to your "Requests copy" menu and append a new submenu -> "Saved Finds".