6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2009 11:14 AM by TSGal

Saving a Script

jackdash

Title

Saving a Script

After writing a script I am unable to save it.

The only options I have at the bottom of the screen are: Clear, Duplicate and Disable

In the Toolbar under Scripts the Save option is greyed out.

Thanks

Jack

• 1. Re: Saving a Script
          ninja

Howdy jackdash,

There's no "OK" and "Cancel" in the bottom right corner of the scriptmaker window?  "OK" = "Save"

(Note, I'm in FMP8, so the OK button may have moved in FMP10)

• 2. Re: Saving a Script
            jackdash

I am in Filemaker 9.0

There is no o/k on the screen.

<!--  [if !mso]&gt; &lt;style&gt; v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} &lt;/style&gt; &lt;![endif]  --><!--  [if gte mso 9]&gt;&lt;xml&gt; &lt;w:WordDocument&gt;   &lt;w:View&gt;Normal&lt;/w:View&gt;   &lt;w:Zoom&gt;0&lt;/w:Zoom&gt;   &lt;w:Compatibility&gt;    &lt;w:BreakWrappedTables/&gt;    &lt;w:SnapToGridInCell/&gt;    &lt;w:WrapTextWithPunct/&gt;    &lt;w:UseAsianBreakRules/&gt;   &lt;/w:Compatibility&gt;   &lt;w:BrowserLevel&gt;MicrosoftInternetExplorer4&lt;/w:BrowserLevel&gt; &lt;/w:WordDocument&gt; &lt;/xml&gt;&lt;![endif]  --><!--  /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal      {mso-style-parent:&quot;&quot;;      margin:0pt;      margin-bottom:.0001pt;      mso-pagination:widow-orphan;      font-size:12.0pt;      font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;;      mso-fareast-font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;;} @page Section1      {size:612.0pt 792.0pt;      margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt;      mso-header-margin:36.0pt;      mso-footer-margin:36.0pt;      mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1      {page:Section1;}   --><!--  [if gte mso 10]&gt; &lt;style&gt; /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable      {mso-style-name:&quot;Table Normal&quot;;      mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;      mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;      mso-style-noshow:yes;      mso-style-parent:&quot;&quot;;      mso-padding-alt:0pt 5.4pt 0pt 5.4pt;      mso-para-margin:0pt;      mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;      mso-pagination:widow-orphan;      font-size:10.0pt;      font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;;} &lt;/style&gt; &lt;![endif]  --><!--  [if gte vml 1]&gt;&lt;v:shapetype id=&quot;_x0000_t75&quot; coordsize=&quot;21600,21600&quot; o:spt=&quot;75&quot; o:preferrelative=&quot;t&quot; path=&quot;m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe&quot; filled=&quot;f&quot; stroked=&quot;f&quot;&gt; &lt;v:stroke joinstyle=&quot;miter&quot;/&gt; &lt;v:formulas&gt;   &lt;v:f eqn=&quot;if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0&quot;/&gt;   &lt;v:f eqn=&quot;sum @0 1 0&quot;/&gt;   &lt;v:f eqn=&quot;sum 0 0 @1&quot;/&gt;   &lt;v:f eqn=&quot;prod @2 1 2&quot;/&gt;   &lt;v:f eqn=&quot;prod @3 21600 pixelWidth&quot;/&gt;   &lt;v:f eqn=&quot;prod @3 21600 pixelHeight&quot;/&gt;   &lt;v:f eqn=&quot;sum @0 0 1&quot;/&gt;   &lt;v:f eqn=&quot;prod @6 1 2&quot;/&gt;   &lt;v:f eqn=&quot;prod @7 21600 pixelWidth&quot;/&gt;   &lt;v:f eqn=&quot;sum @8 21600 0&quot;/&gt;   &lt;v:f eqn=&quot;prod @7 21600 pixelHeight&quot;/&gt;   &lt;v:f eqn=&quot;sum @10 21600 0&quot;/&gt; &lt;/v:formulas&gt; &lt;v:path o:extrusionok=&quot;f&quot; gradientshapeok=&quot;t&quot; o:connecttype=&quot;rect&quot;/&gt; &lt;o:lock v:ext=&quot;edit&quot; aspectratio=&quot;t&quot;/&gt; &lt;/v:shapetype&gt;&lt;v:shape id=&quot;_x0000_i1025&quot; type=&quot;#_x0000_t75&quot; style='width:6in; height:291pt'&gt; &lt;v:imagedata src=&quot;file:///C:\DOCUME~1\Norman\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image001.png&quot;   o:title=&quot;&quot;/&gt; &lt;/v:shape&gt;&lt;![endif]  --><!--  [if !vml]  --><!--  [endif]  --> 

Thanks

Jack

• 3. Re: Saving a Script
              Sorbsbuster

I find it still niggles with me that there is no explicit way (apparent to me, anyway) of saving scripts as they progress.  I found it odd that the 'Save' function wasn't mantained, or added.  The answer is just to close the script at regular intervals as you build it, and then... re-open it again.  Unless someone can tell me that I can't see the button for staring at it.

Alan

• 4. Re: Saving a Script
                mrvodka

Yes this change in behavior bit us hard 2 years ago when it first came out. I suppose we are just used to it by now. Here are some old links. BTW, you may want to check out the part regarding the debugger.

http://fmforums.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/188958#261637

http://fmforums.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/191766

• 5. Re: Saving a Script
                  ninja

Learned something new...thanks Mr_V.

I agree with the referenced threads...I wish that the difference wasn't there to learn.  Seems odd to remove an existing button and force a change of design habit.

• 6. Re: Saving a Script
                    TSGal

All:

Thank you for your posts.

I don't have any information why the design change to remove the Save button.  As already mentioned, Command-S/Control-S will save the script.

I would encourage all of you to enter this feature request into our Feature Suggestions web form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/feature_request.html

Although I could easily copy your posts and paste them into the web form, there are some additional questions asked that only you individually can answer.

Advice: Product Development and Product Management read these Feature Suggestion entries, and I have noticed that more attention is given to those entries that have real-life examples.  Therefore, when filling out the web form, please just don't say "Add this feature".  Explain what you are doing, how this is hindering your business/efficiency/etc., and provide what you would expect to see.

Thanks.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.