3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2008 3:26 PM by TSGal

Saving as a PDF > Instant Web Publishing

ardent247

Title

Saving as a PDF > Instant Web Publishing

I need to be able to save a record as a PDF from Instant Web Publishing and just realized that feature is not web compatible. Does anyone know of another way of doing this? Help Please....

Thanks,

Dave

• 1. Re: Saving as a PDF > Instant Web Publishing
          TSGal

Dave:

The machine I'm using to answer this post is an iMac (OS X 10.5.5) running Safari.  When I'm viewing a record through Instant Web Publishing, when I go to print in Safari to print that record, I have the option to print to a PDF file.

On my Windows XP SP 3 machine, I am using FireFox.  When I go to print, one of printers is a PDF writer, so I'm able to save as PDF.

If you're trying to add a button or script, FileMaker cannot control the print settings in a browser.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Saving as a PDF > Instant Web Publishing
            ardent247

TSGal, yes I have done that also. The problem is the filemaker menu on the left shows up or if I minimize it the arrow will be displayed. Any way of eliminating this?

Dave

• 3. Re: Saving as a PDF > Instant Web Publishing
              TSGal

ardent:

Thank you for the additional information.

Unfortunately, with Instant Web Publishing, you will have the arrow appear when printing.  You could use custom web publishing, but that is only available through FileMaker Server, and that is an expensive solution just to remove the arrow.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.