6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2008 2:10 AM by Waggy

Saving as PDF in filemaker 9

Waggy

Title

Saving as PDF in filemaker 9

Since I have upgraded to filemaker 9 ( I have downloaded the latest patch) I am unable to save a set of records to a PDF .  I get an error message telling me there is not enough space on the disc, or I need to change the name of the file - neither solution works.

Any Clues?? 

• 1. Re: Saving as PDF in filemaker 9
          davidhead

Does this problem occur when you are creating a PDF with a script?

Have you tried using the menu command to test whether it works at all? 

• 2. Re: Saving as PDF in filemaker 9
            Waggy

It fails from the script that previously worked well, and also from the file command - I get the same error message from both

I have resorted to running some of my secretary computers on FileMaker pro 8 to get around the problem but it is frustrating. 

• 3. Re: Saving as PDF in filemaker 9
              TSGal

Waggy:

Thank you for your post.

A few users ran into this same problem, and it took us some time before we identified the solutions.  The following information can be found in our Knowledge Base (Article 6463) on our web site:

ISSUE:

Saving records as a PDF using the script step or via the File menu option crashes Filemaker Pro on Mac OS X.

RESOLUTION:

We have identified 3 possible workarounds to this issue:

1. It is possible that your Adobe Acrobat Reader preference file is corrupted.  Remove the preference file for Adobe Acrobat Reader in the user library folder.  The following is an example of the location of the preference file:

Users/ [user profile] /Library/Preferences/Acrobat Reader 5 Prefs.plist

2. It is possible that you may have a corrupt user account.  Creating a new user account may resolve the issue.

3. Remove the AdobeFnt08.lst file.  This is located in the following directory:

Home > Library > Application Support > Adobe > TypeSpt > AdobeFnt.lst

==============

Let me know if you still have difficulty after trying this.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: Saving as PDF in filemaker 9
                Waggy

I am afraid none of the three solutions have worked.  

The system does not crash, I just get a continual error message.

Any further ideas? 

• 5. Re: Saving as PDF in filemaker 9
                  raybaudi

"I get an error message telling me there is not enough space on the disc, or I need to change the name of the file "

This error message comes usually when you define a wrong path name ( or set an $var to that wrong path )

This is why ULearnIt asked you if the problem persist even on a manual "save as PDF".

BTW: can you post your script ?

• 6. Re: Saving as PDF in filemaker 9
                    Waggy
                       I will post the script when I get to work tomorrow.  But I have tried to change the file name and the pathway.   It also happens without the script but both work fine with filemaker 8??