2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2015 7:57 AM by philmodjunk

saving records automatically as PDF with unique file names

zaza

Title

saving records automatically as PDF with unique file names

i have followed info in post "Found Sets to PDF with unique file names" but still getting error : ...could not be created on this disk.  Use a different name, make more room on the disk..."

there's lots of disk space; i've tried paths to network as well as local disks but still getting same error message

using script options - see screenshot

Can anyone clarify how you finally got script to work please?

fmpro-printweberror.png

• 1. Re: saving records automatically as PDF with unique file names
          SteveMartino

Compare your set variable step with Phil's.

Set Variable [ $Path ; Value:  "file:" & Get ( DesktopPath ) & YourTable::FileNameField & ".PDF"]

Does this help? 

If you want to save it to a specific place, first try do it manually.  Click the 'Specify output path.  Click the Add File button.  Pick the exact place from the dropdowns.  That will insert the right path.  Then copy that path before closing the window and use that to put in your additional parameters.

The error message may also come if the place you are trying to save it already has that file opened (does this with excel)

You also don't put "file:"&"filewin:/... together

• 2. Re: saving records automatically as PDF with unique file names
            philmodjunk

The file: and Filewin: combination will produce an invalid file path so that's the most obvious issue here.

I used file; instead of filewin: as it is the same on both OS systems.

I do have another thread you might look at. It has a download link for a file you can use to get the exact file path to any file accessible to your computer and then displays that file path in a number of calculation fields. You can thus open this file, insert a file "by reference" into the container field and then compare the filepath shown in a field with the file path that you are using in your script to see what is coming up different.

Exploring the use of a $Path Variable in Scripts