AnsweredAssumed Answered

Saving records to a PDF into a server path

Question asked by RickDearden on Jun 17, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 18, 2013 by RickDearden

Title

Saving records to a PDF into a server path

Hi all,

First post here so here goes!

I have a field, DOCSPATH, the value of which is a copy/paste of a server path.

For this example it's "\\SERVER\Documents\Folder"

My script sets the variable $docspath to equal the field DOCSPATH

When saving the records to a PDF I use the variable $docspath as the location to save to. 

I keep getting a message saying "\\SERVER\Documents\Folder\filename.pdf" could not be created on this disk. Use a different name, make more room on the disk, unlock it or use a different disk.

There is enough space on the disk, the user has the appropriate privelages/etc but still it doesnt work.

When I try and save to the desktop path this works fine so I'm a bit stumped as to what's causing the issue when I add the server path into the equation.

I was initially thinking that the slashes were the wrong way round (as the filepath normally looks something like filewin:/c:/desktop /etc. but don't know if this would make any difference). If it does and this is the answer how do I change the slashes to the other directon in the script (as my DOCSPATH field is consistant throughout my DB and also opens explorer windows according to the path set - so I can't change it on that.

I've also tried having "filewin:/" & $docspath & "/filename.pdf" to the box but still get the same error message.

Anyone have any ideas!?

Thanks in advance...

Rick.

Outcomes