3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2012 3:16 PM by philmodjunk

Saving self processing pdf on server location?

Stuee

Title

Saving self processing pdf on server location?

Hi.

I currently have a script that creates a invoice to pdf and
      saves it on a network location and then adds as attachment to a email
      and sends.

My problem i have now is when i use fmp on a
      new ipad, when i connect to server and use it, it tries to save the
      file to the network location from the ipad and it cant as im using 3g
      and not connected to the network server.

Is there a was as the file is running from the fmserver that i can save a file direct on the server then attach to a email?

cheers

this is my script............

Emailpdf-Invoice

// Allow User Abort [ Off ]

Go to Layout

[ “Invoice” (Ordering) ]

Set Variable

[ $filePath; Value:"filewin://BP_Server/Work_drive/Important_BP/FM_Invoices/" & Ordering::Order ID & "-Invoice.PDF" ]

Save Records as PDF

[ File Name: “$filePath”; Current record ]

[

Document - Title: "Invoice"; Subject: Ordering::Order ID; Author: "**********"; Compatibility: Acrobat 7 and later ]

[

Pages - Number Pages From: 1; Include: Specific Pages; Start Page: 1; End Page: 1 ]

[

Security - Printing: High Resolution; Editing: Any except extracting pages; Enable copying; Enable Screen Reader ]

[

Initial View - Show: Page Only; Page Layout: Single Page; Magnification: Fit Page ]

[ Restore; No dialog ]

Pause/Resume Script

[ Duration (seconds): 6 ]

Send Mail

[ Send via SMTP Server; To: Clients::Client Email; BCC: "emaillogs@**********"; Subject: Ordering::Order ID& "

Invoice"; Message: "Hi "& Ordering::Client Name First& ",¶"&

"¶"

&"Attached is your Invoice for your recent order "& Ordering::Order ID& ",¶"&

"¶"

&"Your job is ready for collection unless you have already collected it."&"¶"

&"¶"

&"If you have any questions dont hesitate to ask."&"¶"

&"¶"

&"Thanks"&"¶"

&"**********"&"¶"

&"¶"

&"**********"&"¶"

&"**********"&"¶"

&"Geelong"&"¶"

&"Vic"&"¶"

&"3220"&"¶"

&"03 **********"&"¶"

&"0425 **********"&"¶"

&"¶"

&"*BANNERS * A FRAMES * PHOTOCOPYING * BILLBOARDS * FRAMED CANVAS * MESH * FLAGS * MARQUEES * T-SHIRTS *

STUBBY HOLDERS * KEY RINGS * PUZZLES * A4 FLYERS * A0-A1-A2 POSTERS * INVOICE BOOKS * CALENDARS * CD-DVD

DUPLICATION * CAR WRAPS * FASCIA SIGNAGE * STICKERS * PROMOTIONAL GIFTS * BUSINESS CARDS * BOOKS * PENS *

BAGS * GOLF TEES * CUPS * ENVELOPES * NOTEPADS * BINDERY * LETTERHEADS * BOOKMARKS * MENUS * MUGS * THONGS

* POLO SHIRTS * PULL-UP STAND

EXHIBITION STAND * STAMPS * CLOCK * BALLOONS * ENGRAVING * LED SIGNS * FRIDGE MAGNETS * VINYL CUT SIGNS *

DESIGN * INSTALLATION * DISTRIBUTION * PERSONALIZATION"&"¶"; Attachment: “$filepath”; Name: "**********"; Email

Address: "info@**********"; Reply-To Address: "info@**********"; SMTP Server: "**********";

Port: 25; Authentication Type: Plain Password; User Name: "info@**********"; Password: "**********" ]

[ No dialog ]

Go to Layout

[ “Ordering” (Ordering) ]

Clear

[ Ordering::Invoice Emailed ]

[ Select ]

Insert Current Date

[ Ordering::Invoice Emailed ]

12 March 2012 9:38:57 BP_Main - Emailpdf-Invoice -1-

• 1. Re: Saving self processing pdf on server location?
          philmodjunk

Questions about FM Go are best asked in the FM Go forum. Without access to the server's shared directory you cannot save a PDF to it directly. You should be able to save the PDF to your iPAD, attach and email it, then insert the PDF into a container field, but not with the "store a reference" option enabled. This puts the PDF in to a container field on the server where other users can find and access it.

• 2. Re: Saving self processing pdf on server location?
            Stuee

thanks for the reply,.

its not so much a go question as i also use fm on my laptop at home and have the same trouble. the problem is i want to have all the invoices saved on the server for backup too so i can see when they was created etc.

Also as the script would be a save location local how would i create a script to save on both windows and iPad as that might be my only option and manually copy the folder over when im in the same network as the server.

cheers

• 3. Re: Saving self processing pdf on server location?
              philmodjunk

My suggestion was to insert the PDF into a container field. Once inserted into a container field, there is no need to copy over any folders.

Working with files--whether inserted into a container or not--encounters some details that are different for iOS devices than mac and windows systems so I suggest you get help from fm Go forum as well as here.