2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2011 7:42 AM by dhafitch

Scaling In Web Viewer

DougLevinson

Title

Scaling In Web Viewer

I have set up Google Maps web viewer in a tabbed layout.  When the viewer loads, however, only a part of the web page (the upper left corner) is appearing.  The "good stuff" (where the map is on the left side of the web page) only appears if I create a layout with a giant web viewer.  But, that won't work for my tabbed layout.

How do I get the web page to scale in the web viewer?

Thanks!

Web_Viewer_Scaling_copy.jpg

• 1. Re: Scaling In Web Viewer
          philmodjunk

I use the following expression in one of my databases. It cribs stuff from a post originally put up by Raybaudi:

"data:text/html,
          <style type='text/css'>
          html,body {
          overflow:hidden;
          }
          </style>
          <html>
              <head>
                  <title>NavText</title>
              </head>
              <body bgcolor='#FFFFFF' TopMargin='0' style='border:0'>
                  <iframe width='" & GetLayoutObjectAttribute ( "MapViewer" ; "width" ) - 40 &
                      "' height='" & GetLayoutObjectAttribute ( "MapViewer" ; "height" ) - 30 &
                      "' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' marginheight='0' marginwidth='0'
                      src='http://local.google.com/maps?q=" & CustInfo::Street & "," & CustInfo::City & "," & CustInfo::State & "," & CustInfo::Zipplus4  & "&amp;output=embed&iwloc=0&z=14'>
                  </iframe>
              </body>
          </html>"

The blue text refers to actual fields in the current record of my database so you'd need to edit that portion to refer to fields in your own database.

• 2. Re: Scaling In Web Viewer
            dhafitch

OK, this is a good solution.  But how do you make a simple map like that which has MULTIPLE ADDRESSES?

I've made a Filemaker script that uses a loop to accumulate data from a set of found records.  But you cannot use a simple http:// URL to make a map.  Instead, you have to use the GoogleMaps API in a JavaScript script.  I have been able to do this with beautiful results--i.e., the html page loads perfectly into my Safari browser.  But when this is placed into a data URI schema in a WebViewer, as suggested by Raybaudi/PhilModJunk, it fails completely.

I have a feeling that the WebViewer is doing something weird with the encoding, but I have no idea what.  Is there a solution to this problem?

dave