1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 24, 2010 10:10 AM by philmodjunk

SCRAMBLED UP DATES - ADDENDUM

khank

Title

SCRAMBLED UP DATES - ADDENDUM

PhilModJunk responded:

"Sounds like you are viewing your layout while in table view. In table view, unless you disable the feature, clicking a column heading sorts the records in ascending order on the first click and in descending order on the second.

If you want to see your records displayed in a particular order you can either click a column heading (In table view only), or select Sort from the Records menu." 

I tried what PhilModJunk recommended and this what I got (see attached) the ID and dates are still "jumboed-up"

I'm confused, sorry for being so "dense". 

I'm viewing my records in "Browse" mode, I go to sort and clicked either "Current Table" or "Current Layout" and "date" is the only "Sort Order" selected.  I add "evening ID" to the "Sort Order" (on either "Current Table" or "Current Layout") and still nothing changes. 

ID_and_DATES_SAMPLE.jpg

• 1. Re: SCRAMBLED UP DATES - ADDENDUM
          philmodjunk

I can tell from your screen shots that you are in Browse mode with Table View specified as the view. That explains why clicking a column header changes things.

The screen shot shows exactly what I would expect for sorting your records in ascending order by the date field.

If you sort by date alone or by date, then EveningID, you should get the order you see.