2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2009 2:31 PM by jfilar3

Screen adjustments

jfilar3

Title

Screen adjustments

Can FMP adjust the screen size for the user? The DB I'm maintaining has an opening script that checks the screen size (this DB has to have 1024x768 to view correctly) and exits the program if the user's screen size is too small (with a dialog to explain, of course!). However, it would be ideal if I could set an opening script that automatically resized the window on open and then an exit script that sizes it back (if changed) upon closing. It doesn't appear this is a possibility, but thought I'd ask the experts.

Thanks!  :robothappy:

• 1. Re: Screen adjustments
          mwc_1

First Idea:Resizing the window (by displaying a different set of layouts designed for smaller screens) is absolutely possible.

Second Idea: actually 'changing the screen resolution' of the monitor could cause other issues...depending on your user's OS and Display.....but I'd fathom it could be accomplished by triggering an external OS script (i.e. applescript or system shell script)

• 2. Re: Screen adjustments
            jfilar3
               It is the screen resolution that needs to change. The only way to fit everything on the screen is by resizing it up to the higher resolution (1024x768). I figured an external OS script was my only option. Thanks!