3 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2009 1:11 PM by TSGal

Screen Resolutions

TheProfiler

Title

Screen Resolutions

Probably discussed a million times here but I would like to know if FM has ever created a patch or version where regardless of the screen resolution we create a data base in it automatically resizes, ESPECIALLY in these days when every lap top has a different resolution?  

I certainly hope so because this is a very WEAK LINK and when I am competition with a Microsoft product that does resize, it is rather embarrassing and requires some fancy foot work in explanations to the clients.       I have created a solution that is created and made ready for public distribution based on 1024 x 768.      I now must recreate the entire solution of 210 screens for each resolution known to satisfy the need to compete against Microsoft who does not require a few hundred hours.    

Any idea of what has been done or being done...Or not done at all?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Screen Resolutions
          TSGal

The Profiler:

Thank you for your post.

At this time, FileMaker Pro does not have the ability to resize the layout based on screen size.  Please enter this suggestion into our Feature Suggestion web form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/feature_request.html

I could easily copy your post and paste it into the web form, but there are additional questions asked that only you can answer.

For now, you would need to create additional layouts to accommodate the smaller screen size. 

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Screen Resolutions
            TheProfiler

Thank you TSGAL....   I will take the time to log this.     I am sure many others have also had the same issue, not sure why FM, as large as they are have not taken this more seriously in the world of changing screen resolutions.  This is MAJOR and a serious drawback.   My competition makes a big deal out of this, and I hate to think I am loosing business because of this issue that Microsoft resolved years ago. 

HOWEVER, thank you for letting me know. 

• 3. Re: Screen Resolutions
              TSGal

The Profiler:

Just a humorous side note...

I had the opposite problem.  I always developed solutions based on the smallest screen size.  Then, clients would ask, "Can't you use more of the screen?"

So, I do understand the issue more than you probably know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.