2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2010 2:55 PM by biglargejerm

script / permissions issue

biglargejerm

Title

script / permissions issue

Hi All,

I am having an issue with my orders DB. I have multiple users. Some managers and some sales reps. I have a check box that only manager accounts have permission to check. When checked, it marks the order as "PAID". Now, I also have it set up where the sales reps can click a button titled "reorder" and it runs a script that clones the order and creates a new (identical) record. In my reorder script, I also made it clear the PAID checkbox field. If a manager clicks reorder, it works as needed, however, if a sales rep clicks reorder, the PAID checkbox stays as is. I assume this is a permissions thing and since a sales rep is not allowed to manually click the checkbox, the part of the script that deals with that checkbox will not work for them either. Is this correct?

Anyway, does anyone know of a way to help me clear the PAID checkbox field for al users who run the reorder script, while keeping the permissions as they are allowing only managers to actually modify the checkbox in browse mode?

Please let me know if I need to clarify anything.

Thanks very much!

Jeremy 

• 1. Re: script / permissions issue
          philmodjunk

When you open your script in the script editor. Look down at the bottom of the editor. You'll see an option to run the script "with full access permissions". Select that option and the script will clear your check box no matter what their privleges permit.

Note that there is a limitation here. The items being modified must be part of the current file. If your script attempts to modify fields in a another file, those modifications are not "full access" even though you've selected that option for your script.

• 2. Re: script / permissions issue
            biglargejerm
               I have no idea how I missed that! Thanks for the help :)