AnsweredAssumed Answered

script / permissions issue

Question asked by biglargejerm on Jan 11, 2010
Latest reply on Jan 11, 2010 by biglargejerm

Title

script / permissions issue

Hi All,

I am having an issue with my orders DB. I have multiple users. Some managers and some sales reps. I have a check box that only manager accounts have permission to check. When checked, it marks the order as "PAID". Now, I also have it set up where the sales reps can click a button titled "reorder" and it runs a script that clones the order and creates a new (identical) record. In my reorder script, I also made it clear the PAID checkbox field. If a manager clicks reorder, it works as needed, however, if a sales rep clicks reorder, the PAID checkbox stays as is. I assume this is a permissions thing and since a sales rep is not allowed to manually click the checkbox, the part of the script that deals with that checkbox will not work for them either. Is this correct?

Anyway, does anyone know of a way to help me clear the PAID checkbox field for al users who run the reorder script, while keeping the permissions as they are allowing only managers to actually modify the checkbox in browse mode?

Please let me know if I need to clarify anything.

Thanks very much!

Jeremy 

Outcomes