1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 14, 2012 10:20 AM by philmodjunk

Script Account login to go to related record

jamroman

Title

Script Account login to go to related record

I am trying to create a script that takes a user from an account login to a related record.  As it is now, that user enters personal info on a layout to generates an ID.  That ID is then used as the account name and a password is entered through the native filemaker login screen.  Where I am having trouble is that a user can enter someone else's personal info and their own account ID/password that potentially allows them access other records.  Obviously this is a security issue.  I'd appreciate any help.

Or perhaps a script to lock modification of the "aocount name" portion of the native filemaker login bubble?

Thanks,

James

• 1. Re: Script Account login to go to related record
          philmodjunk

You can limit user access to only their record in the table with setting specified in Manage | Security. If they are creating an account for the first time, I suggest you use a special layout with global fields. When the script is performed it can use the data in the global fields to update the fields in the new record created by the user.

For more on record level access control, see "Editing record access privileges" in FileMaker Help and check out this particular sub section: "Entering a formula for limiting access on a record-by-record basis" for a detailed description of how to set this up.