AnsweredAssumed Answered

Script and field focus issue

Question asked by BobSchwenkler on Sep 30, 2011
Latest reply on Oct 3, 2011 by BobSchwenkler

Title

Script and field focus issue

I'm having a particular problem with a script I'm working on. I have a global field where I've set the Return key to "Go To Next Object" so that the user can use it to commit the data instead of entering carriage returns into the field. This field has a script trigger OnObjectExit.

So, the user enters information, hits return, and my script runs. But what happens is that the field focus seems to be temporarily disabled for the duration of my script. Once the script has run its course, focus returns to the global field and then the "Go To Next Object" command takes place, sending field focus to whatever is next in the tab order. What I want it to do is either return to the global field or have there be no field focus.

I can't use Commit Record in my script because only after the script is over does the field's focus return. I can't use Go To Field[originalGlobalField], because once the script is over, field focus returns, the original return command tries to go to the next object, and the script is triggered again, sending it into an unending loop.

Thoughts?

Outcomes