3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2013 2:06 AM by obidon

Script and update of field

obidon

Title

Script and update of field

I have a script which requires the user to populate a number field via a dialogue box.  This number is then used in subsequent calculations.  

Having tested, using a second dialogue to test the result, it appears that the number field is not being updated as required in time for the subsequent calculations.  The number is updated on completion of the script.  I have tried commit but to no avail

Don

• 1. Re: Script and update of field
          SteveMartino

Can you post a screenshot of the script, commenting out all the steps?

• 2. Re: Script and update of field
            philmodjunk

To post a script to the forum:

1.           You can upload a screen shot of your script by using the Upload an Image controls located just below Post A Answer.
            3.           You can print a script to a PDF, open the PDF and then select and copy the script as text from the opened PDF to your clipboard for pasting here. (with this approach, you can get multiple script steps on the same line, please edit the pasted text by inserting some returns to separate those steps.)
            5.           If You have FileMaker Advanced, you can generate a database design report and copy the script as text from there.
            7.           If you paste a text form of the script, you can use the Script Pretty box in the Known Bugs List database to paste a version that is single spaced and indented for a more professional and easier to read format.
            • 3. Re: Script and update of field
              obidon

Many Thanks but I have resolved this.

The solution was to convert the fields to $$variables and move to earlier in the script