2 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2012 8:46 AM by kayakjunkie

Script Editor

kayakjunkie

Title

Script Editor

In Script Editor, I'd like to see certain capabilities, maybe they are already there and I'm just missing them.

1. When I delete a "Loop" or "If" can the editor remove the corresponding End Loop and End If statements?
      2. Is there a search and replace (say I want to change the name of a variable)?
      3. Are there other Script Editors that will work with FMP (e.g. Smile, TextMate)?

• 1. Re: Script Editor
          philmodjunk

Sorry, but "No" to all three questions.

You can, however, find and delete the extra End steps by noting how the indenting changes when you delete the Loop or If step.

• 2. Re: Script Editor
            kayakjunkie

I found a third-party text editor able to work with FileMaker.

Textmate ( http://macromates.com ) is a popular editor written specifically for OSX.  It has the ability work with multiple languages via "bundles" that provide easy access to language keywords and functions.

A FileMaker bundle is available at https://github.com/DonovanChan/filemaker.tmbundle#readme

Features

• Tab triggers for FileMaker functions
            • Documentation for functions, script steps and error codes
            • Commands
              • Manipulating/generating calculations
              • Manipulating/generating FileMaker clipboard XML
              • Extracting data from the DDR
              • Extracting data from import.log files
            • Syntax highlighting
              • FileMaker
              • FileMaker Clipboard
              • FileMaker Log
            • Code folding
            • Help section
            • Full documention on most commands (displayed when running command with empty input)
            Here is a screen shot of the TextMate Interface with the Filemaker bundle.