Sorry, but "No" to all three questions.
You can, however, find and delete the extra End steps by noting how the indenting changes when you delete the Loop or If step.
I found a third-party text editor able to work with FileMaker.
Textmate ( http://macromates.com ) is a popular editor written specifically for OSX. It has the ability work with multiple languages via "bundles" that provide easy access to language keywords and functions.
A FileMaker bundle is available at https://github.com/DonovanChan/filemaker.tmbundle#readme
Here is a screen shot of the TextMate Interface with the Filemaker bundle.
- Tab triggers for FileMaker functions
- Documentation for functions, script steps and error codes
- Manipulating/generating calculations
- Manipulating/generating FileMaker clipboard XML
- Extracting data from the DDR
- Extracting data from import.log files
- Syntax highlighting
- FileMaker Clipboard
- FileMaker Log
- Code folding
- Help section
- Full documention on most commands (displayed when running command with empty input)