AnsweredAssumed Answered

Script for inserting document into container automatically replaces existing content

Question asked by StephenMallery7287 on Nov 14, 2011
Latest reply on Dec 8, 2011 by StephenMallery7287

Title

Script for inserting document into container automatically replaces existing content

Goal:  Paste multiple documents into a container associated with one record.

Portal solution:  I created a related file for the purpose of holding the documents and organizing them in a portal.  I set up the portal, and a script as follows:

Go to Portal Row [Last]

Insert file [Reference; RelationshipName::RelatedField]

Problem:  It works the first time.  But every subsequent insertion replaces the existing one.  I can only get one insertion per client record (one portal row).  I tried everything I could think of (go to portal row, last; made sure the field was not set to select all, etc.).

Repeating field solution:  I decided it didn’t necessarily need to be a portal, since I could accomplish the same thing with a repeating field (and the limitations of repeating fields don’t really apply here).  I created a repeating field in the main file, with multiple repetitions (12).  I then created a script as follows:

Insert File [Reference; MainFileName::FieldName]

Same result – it keeps pasting in the first repetition cell.  I’ve tried “Go to Next Field,” to no avail.  I can’t figure out how to make it paste in the next available repeating field cell.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Outcomes