AnsweredAssumed Answered

Script help

Question asked by mcoslo on Dec 15, 2010
Latest reply on Dec 15, 2010 by philmodjunk

Title

Script help

Hey all,

I've been using FMP for years, but I'm stumped on this one - and I think by this time it is a mental block and I'll probably feel pretty stupid once it is figured out.

I'm trying to make up a script to do the following:

I have contact logs that start out life in Excel format. I bring each log into FMP 11, and from there I want to:

check the county entries.

There are 67 different counties.

Each county is a three letter acronym. Typical is ADA for Adams county. These are in a field named "his_exchange"

There may be multiple instances of any county in that field for different contacts.

If a county is found, I want a numerical value entered in another field, named for the County. The value is always 1. If not find th ecounty in any of the "his_exchange" field  I want a return of 0 to be placed in the county  field.

The maximum value for the field named for the county is never greater than one - multiple contacts in that county don't count after the first contact.

After getting the 67 counties either with a 1 or a 0 in the field named for the county, I want to sum up the total counties contacted. last part is easy, but the interim stuff has me stumped.

Outcomes