AnsweredAssumed Answered

Script Help

Question asked by DanaSadowski7326 on Dec 28, 2010
Latest reply on Dec 29, 2010 by philmodjunk

Title

Script Help

Hi, I need some help with a script.  I have a database that has tables for dealers, manufacturers and the mfgs products.  I have my order layout set up with a separate portal for the lineitems on the order.  In my lineitem portal, I have a field for the product id, which shows as a drop-down list from specified fields (it's actually a calculation that shows the mfg code and model #).  When the model number is selected, it automatically fills it in in the model number field.

Is there a way to write a script so that this drop-down list will only show the items for a certain mfg when that mfg id is put in the order detail part of the layout?  I was thinking something like a find, but I've tried several different things and it doesn't seem to be working.  I figured I could do a script trigger for that field OnObjectEnter once I got the script written correctly.

Or maybe there's a better way to do what I'm looking for.  The reason being is there will be over 2000 products in our database once I get them all imported, and it will take forever to scroll thru them all.

If you need additional info about my database, let me know, I'll be happy to provide whatever you need.

Thank you,

Dana Sadowski

Outcomes