3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2013 7:46 AM by ToddCarlson

Script help

ToddCarlson

Title

Script help

I'm not sure why I can't figure this out but here's what I need and thank you.

I have a table called Tasks with due dates etc.  I also have a field "Completed" (of course).  I need a script that automatically (when I go to the layout - trigger?) omits "Completed" and then sorts by Due Date.

Thanks.

Todd

• 1. Re: Script help
          philmodjunk

There's two slightly different results you could specify here:

1) Find all tasks not completed

2) Omit all tasks from the current found set that are completed

I will assume 1). If you wanted 2) we'll need to modify the script a bit.

Enter Find Mode []
               Set Field [Tasks::Completed ; "=" ]
               Set Error Capture [on]
               Perform Find []
               Sort Records [Restore ; no dialog ]

This script finds all tasks records where the completed field is empty. If there is data in that field when the task is not completed, the ste field step will need modification. The script would be run after navigating to the tasks layout--either from the OnLayoutEnter trigger or via a button on that layout. A button on other layouts could be used with this script if you added Go to Layout ["Tasks" (Tasks)] as the first line of this script. That button would then take the user to the layout, find the records and sort them all in one mouse click.

• 2. Re: Script help
            ToddCarlson

Makes sense.  I'll give it a shot and let you know. Thanks a bunch!

• 3. Re: Script help
              ToddCarlson

You are the man!  I just love this program!  Thank you.