3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2014 7:27 AM by philmodjunk

Script Help - Change X when date X exceeded

ChristofferRexen_1

Title

Script Help - Change X when date X exceeded

Hello everyone

All new to FileMaker Pro Advanced, but i'm catching up pretty good I think..

I have this database, see attached image.

I would like the field "Status" to place an X within one of the tree boxes under Status: "Tilmeldt", "Afmeldt", "Barn", if a person, in this case "John Doe", is employed or not. Furthermore I would like the field "Status" to update whenever a new entry has been made and then re-set the X in the correct box, let's say he gets re-employed.

I got this far with the script, but am i'm missing something, the field is "Unstored".

Case ( Resigned  ≥ Get ( CurrentTimeStamp ) ; Status = "Afmeldt" ; Resigned   ≤ Get ( CurrentTimeStamp ) ; Status = "TIlmeldt" ;
           "" )

Thanks in advance.
           CR

Sk%C3%A6rmbillede_2014-07-02_kl._09.56.24_kopi.jpg

• 1. Re: Script Help - Change X when date X exceeded
          philmodjunk
               Case ( Resigned  ≥ Get ( CurrentTimeStamp ) ;  "Afmeldt" ; Resigned   ≤ Get ( CurrentTimeStamp ) ; "TIlmeldt"  )

This must be defined as the calculation for the field "status" or assigned via script by using this as the calculated result part of a set field step.

status = "Afmeldt" is a Boolean expression that will return the value 1 (True) if the two parts are equal and 0 (false) if they are not.
          • 2. Re: Script Help - Change X when date X exceeded
            ChristofferRexen_1

Hi Phil

I'm not sure I'm with you here? (New at FileMaker)

I take my existing Case function and replace it with you're Case function.

Although I have to make the field "Status" a calculation first?

I'm not sure if I got the whole thing with here.

When entering a new employe in the Database, the field "Status" ; "Tilmeldt" will get an X by default, if the field "Signed" is the same date/exceeds current date.

At the same time, "Status" will have to look at the field "Resigned" and check if the specific date "Resigned" is the the same date/exceeds current date.

By changing existing X from "Tilmeldt" to "Afmeldt" and vice-versa, so there's only one X pr. employe record.

I hope it makes sense.

• 3. Re: Script Help - Change X when date X exceeded
              philmodjunk

Status will need to be one of the following:

1.           a calculation field. With this option, the field can no longer be edited directly. That may or may not be a problem.
              3.           a text field with an auto-enter calculation. I can be possible to still directly edit the field.
              5.           A text field updated with a script performed by a script trigger whenever you modify the value of the resigned field. This option works, but only on layouts where you set up such a script trigger and is needlessly complex unless it, for some reason, is the only option that works for you.