AnsweredAssumed Answered

Script or another way to automate

Question asked by BCarruth on May 29, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 6, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

Script or another way to automate

Hi all,

Using the following data, I need to know how to insert a character "###" after each set of matching records.

The "Route Number" Field has several addresses with the same route number assigned.

There are many "Route Numbers" in the database of records. 

I would like to place the three ### after each set of the same route numbers to act as a break in software we are using. Here is example of what I need. The data is all there except for the "Bundle Break" field.

Load Code                     Route Number                     Address                     City                     State                     Zip                     Bundle Break                      
                    GO1                     1                     XXXXXXX                     XXXXX                     OR                     XXXXX                                            
                    GO1                     1                     XXXXXXX                     xxxxxx                     OR                     

XXXXX

GO2                     1                     XXXXXXX                     xxxxxx                     OR                     XXXXX                     ###                      
                    GO2                     2                     XXXXXXX                     XXXXX                     OR                     XXXXX                                            
                    GO2                     2                     XXXXXXX                     XXXXX                     OR                     XXXXX                     ###                      
                    GO3                     3                     XXXXXX                     XXXXX                     TX                     XXXXX                                            
                    GO3                     3                     XXXXXXX                     XXXXX                     TX                     XXXXX                     ###                      

File has 6282 records.

I don't do this every day so I am not even sure that I even know where to start.

Outcomes