2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2011 2:11 PM by stevenkw

Script or calculation to verify status of container field.

stevenkw

Title

Script or calculation to verify status of container field.

Hello All,

I have a database that displays images that are in a folder. The problem is if the file is missing or if the file is corrupt there is a text message in the container field explaining why the image can not be displayed.

Is there anyway to get this text message out of the container field and into a field I can search on?

The container says "The file cannot be displayed:" is the file is corrupt or damaged and " The file cannot be found:" if the file is missing.

I really need to be able to find all the "The file cannot be displayed:" and " The file cannot be found:" records so I know how many there are of each.

there are anywhere from 75k to 290k records and paging through them is not really an option. :)

Thank you,

--StevenKW

Screen_shot_2011-11-01_at_12.43.16_PM.jpg

• 1. Re: Script or calculation to verify status of container field.
          philmodjunk

Define an additional container field. You can make it global.

Put it on a layout based on your table of container fields.

Use this test in a script that loops through your records to validate the container references:

Set Variable [$Path ; Value: GetValue ( YourTable::ImageContainerField ; 3 ) ]
          Go to field [YourTable::globalContainerField]
          Insert Picture [Reference ; $Path]
          Set Variable [$Error ; value: get ( LastError ) ]
          IF [ $Error > 0 //invalid reference ]
             Set Field [Yourtable::ErrorFlag ; $Error ]
          End If

error code of 100 will be file not found, which tells you the file is missing or has been renamed.

Don't have a corrupt image to test this with so don't know if this will catch those errors or not.

• 2. Re: Script or calculation to verify status of container field.
            stevenkw

Nice work as always!

I reused a script I used to export the images. Not quite as nice as your but it did the trick. I like that you used the global field as a test container and that I didn't need to export all the images over again. Also I think I would have been able to catch the undisplayable ones.

missing image = error code 100

undisplayable image = error code 735

image OK =error code 0

Thanks for the help!

--StevenKW