3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2014 8:44 AM by michaelshaw

Script playing MP3 in container field

michaelshaw

Title

Script playing MP3 in container field

Looks simple, doesn’t seem to be, don't see the issue in past posts. Trying to use script to play alert mp3 sound in container field. Clicking on the field will play it, but using script step Go to Field doesn’t, even with Select/perform option enabled. When script runs, the container field highlights as active, but sound doesn’t play. Another script step, perhaps? Same results with embedded .mov file. Mac OS 10.10.1, FMPA 13.0v4.

Thanks,

MS

• 1. Re: Script playing MP3 in container field
          wimclaessen

Maybe I can help.

What i've seen is that the discription Apple gives of the goto field script simply is not correct. It simply does not work and it should be classified as a bug.

I found a workaround however, a bit messy, but it does the job just fine.

Use the following script steps on a container field and make sure the container that holds the soundfile is (hidden somewhere) on the actual Layout and is set to automatically play.

Create the container, name it "Click" (Both Field name and Object name) and use the following script to play the sound it contains

Script steps:

Set Error Capture (On)
          Perform Find (don't search for anything, don't add search options)
          Refresh Object ("Click")
          Goto Object (Click)

That's it, you should hear the sound each time you run these script steps.

Don't ask me why this works, it just does.

• 2. Re: Script playing MP3 in container field
            philmodjunk

Please post this in Report an Issue to bring it to the attention of the FileMaker techs who regularly monitor that part of the forum. You can save typing by including a link to this thread.

• 3. Re: Script playing MP3 in container field
              michaelshaw

Thanks, Wim! I feel much better knowing that it is a bug rather than operator error. You mentioned Apple, have you observed this under Windows as well?