4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2009 6:01 PM by SanderSel

Script step for modify when in Table view

SanderSel

Title

Script step for modify when in Table view

I've been trying to find a way have the user access the modify option, when the status area is hidden.  

Has anyone run across this problem and a possible solution?

• 1. Re: Script step for modify when in Table view
          TSGal

SanderSel:

Thank you for your post.

I'm not sure what you mean by "modify" option.  Do you mean "Modify Last Find" from the Records menu?  This would not affect the Status area, so I'm assuming you mean something else.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Script step for modify when in Table view
            SanderSel

Thanks for your reply.  In fmkr Adv 10 in browse mode, in table view, in the upper right hand corner of the window is a modify button that allows the user to add or delete fields from the table layout without having to modify the layout.  I usually hide the status area from the user in my final releases and when the status area is hidden the modify button goes away :-(.  I would be great to have a script step so that I could make a button that the user could click to be able to customize the table lists.  I have had no luck finding that potential script step and was wondering if there is either a work around or something that I'm missing. 

• 3. Re: Script step for modify when in Table view
              TSGal

SanderSel:

Thanks for the clarification.

Unfortunately, you cannot access the "Modify" button from a script.  What you may want to do is create a few layouts with the most common fields to display in Table View.  Then, the user can determine which table they want to view.  Or, create one layout with all fields.  This will allow you to keep the status area hidden.

If you really need this feature, then I would urge you to enter this suggestion into our Feature Suggestion web form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/feature_request.html

I could easily copy your post and paste it into this web form, but there are additional questions asked that only you can answer.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Script step for modify when in Table view
                SanderSel
                   As I suspected, but thought I'd ask anyway. Thanks so much for your response and I'll submit a request.