AnsweredAssumed Answered

Script that inserts new records and pastes values from origin table, copy/paste does not work.

Question asked by JeromeSimons on Aug 8, 2013
Latest reply on Aug 17, 2013 by JeromeSimons

Title

Script that inserts new records and pastes values from origin table, copy/paste does not work.

Dear All,

I wish to create a script that takes records from columns/fields and copies them into another table. I made the beginner's mistake of creating a few columns for individual grant disbursements which would be better recorded in table rows. Now, having entered the data already, I wish to write a script that first finds the appropriate rows (i.e. disbursements that are not empty etc.) and then makes a new record in a related table copying the grant id (which is the same for each disbursement) into the table and creating a new record for each disbursement value. My script is attached as a screenshot.

I am basically wondering about the potency of copy/paste after having created a new record using the relationship and SetField[]. So, I am wondering about how to paste values into the row that ensues after having created the record. The records get created but for some reason, the copy/paste does not work and the target field records stay blank.

I would greatly appreciate your help.

Kind regards,

Jerome

script.jpg

Outcomes