2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2012 8:33 AM by MilutinPetrovic

Script to auto fill value list field

MilutinPetrovic

Title

Script to auto fill value list field

I've got a tricky one, I tried and I tried, and I get half good results.

Lets say I have table X with the fields A, B and C. Now I created field D which is a checker box set, value list field with the values 1,2 and 3. So now, I need a script which will check one or more of those values if there is data in fields A,B or C, where 1=A, 2=B and 3=C.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Script to auto fill value list field
          philmodjunk

Fields formatted with a group of check boxes store their values in the order the corresponding check box was clicked, separated by return characters.

Set Field [YourTable::CheckboxField ; 1 ]

will clear all previously selected values and select the checkbox for the value 1.

Set Field [YourTable::CheckboxField ; List ( YourTable::CheckboxField ; 1 ) ]

will select the checkbox for 1 without clearing previously selected values.

But you could use a calculation for this instead of a script:

List ( If ( Not IsEmpty ( Field A ) ; 1 ) ; If ( Not IsEmpty ( Field B ) ; 2 ) ; If ( Not Is Empty ( Field C ) ; 3 ) )

This combines the values 1, 2 and 3 in a list if the corresponding fields are not empty.

Your check box formatted field can be defined as a calculation field that returns text or you can assign this calculaiton to a text field so that the above expression auto-enters the data.

• 2. Re: Script to auto fill value list field
            MilutinPetrovic

Once again You have proved to be extremely helpful!

Thank You so much!

Cheers!