2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2013 3:24 PM by shae1725

Script to block the triggering of a block of scripts?

shae1725

Title

Script to block the triggering of a block of scripts?

is it possible to script the blocking of all scripts (with exception of the one running) and all field changes ?

I know in principle it can be done but sounds like a huge task!

Is there a simple way?

• 1. Re: Script to block the triggering of a block of scripts?
          philmodjunk

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Do you mean that you want to perform a script and keep the script from triggering other scripts when it changes layouts, records, field focus etc? Are you trying to keep other users from running scripts while this script is running?

One way to temporarily lock a table against changes is to use Record Level Access Control where you change a value in a related record (linked with x so that it links to all records) to cause a lock expression to evaluate to prevent access for all limited access users.

• 2. Re: Script to block the triggering of a block of scripts?
            shae1725

Hi

I have a type of slide show on one of my layouts.

I have a play pause and stop button on the layout

The problem I am trying to overcome is that if you go to any field  on the application the script running the slideshow is pause'd by FM . this can lead to problems because I have other scripts depending on variables set when I press the pause button on my layout

the state of the my pause button doesn't change! and play button is still showing as playing

If it were possible to get the state of the pause'd script it would avoid the need because Im sure I could work a calculation to change all my button states