AnsweredAssumed Answered

script to create new blank record in another table with matching ID#

Question asked by HeidiStewart on Mar 8, 2013
Latest reply on Mar 15, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

script to create new blank record in another table with matching ID#

I have a FM Pro 12 file with two tables "Faculty of Science" and "Mandatory Courses".  in the Faculty of Science table i have my individual students listed, seperated by ID#'s.  I want to create a button that when pressed will take the ID # from that particular student and create a blank record in the Mandatory Courses table with the student's ID# auto populated.

I have already created the field ID# in both tables and put a relationship between the ID# fields.

Im going to use (i think) a portal on my Faculty of Science record to show the list of Mandatory courses, but how do i filter it so that one student with a Dept of Biology shows only the Biology Mandatory Courses in the portal, and another student with a Dept of Physics shows only the Physics Mandatory Courses?  I have 5 different Dept's and each have 3-6 Mandatory Courses (ie: BIOL 6910; BIOL 6003 and PHYS 6997; PHYS 6106)  i would want the student whose Dept is listed as Biology to show the BIOL 6910 and BIOL 6003 but not the PHYS 699 or PHYS 6106.

Outcomes