6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2009 11:58 AM by ProZachJ

Script to Dial X-Lite both for PC and Mac

Matsaki

Title

Script to Dial X-Lite both for PC and Mac

I know there is a way to make a script to have a "Dial button" for phone numbers and make the script to use X-Lite soft phone. I have seen it used in a FM before.

Does some body know how? 

• 1. Re: Script to Dial X-Lite both for PC and Mac
          TSGal

Matsaki:

Thank you for your post.

One of the script steps is "Dial Phone".  This dials a phone from with a script.  You can enter a phone number or reference a field.  For example, if you have a field entitled "Phone", the script step would be:

Dial Phone [No dialog; Phone]

Once you have the script built, then put an object on your layout, pull down the Format menu and select "Button Setup..."

In the new dialog box, select "Perform Script" from the left side, and select the new script you just created.  Now, whenever you want to dial the phone, click on this button.

If you need clarification for any of the above steps, please let me know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Script to Dial X-Lite both for PC and Mac
            Matsaki

Thank you TSGal ,

But 1, This only makes FM to use a Windows Dial system and not X-Lite VoIP SoftPhone as I tried it. And 2, Dial phone do not work on Mac's at all.

I think this one is a little bit tricky!  

• 3. Re: Script to Dial X-Lite both for PC and Mac
              TSGal

Matsaki:

Yes, the Dial Phone script step is not supported in Mac OS X.

On Windows, the phone must be TAPI compliant.  TAPI (Telephony Application Programming Interface) is a Microsoft Windows API that allows Windows machines to use telephone services.  If you can get the X-Lite VoIP SoftPhone to use TAPI, then you should be able to dial a phone on a Windows machine.

TSGal

FioleMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: Script to Dial X-Lite both for PC and Mac
                Matsaki

Yes X-Lite supports TAPI, and I understand that this is getting in to a Windows setting question now. But if you have any ideas how to configure Windows to use X-Lite and not the Windows Dialer it would be much appreciated.

And thank you for your help and good service so far! 

/Mats 

• 5. Re: Script to Dial X-Lite both for PC and Mac
                  TSGal

Matsaki:

Unfortunately, I do not know how to configure Windows to use X-Lite.  I tried searching other forums, and I saw another request from "Mats" on FMForums.com.  :-)

Is there anyone else out there that has had experience with this and can help?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 6. Re: Script to Dial X-Lite both for PC and Mac
                    ProZachJ

I don't believe X-lite is TAPI compatable, however you can use the send event script step. The calculation would look somthing like.

"cmd /c c:\program files\couterpath\x-lite\x-lite.exe -dial=sip:"&<NUMBER-TO-DIAL>

There are two softphones that I know of that are tapi compatable.

Ninja Pro (about $50)

Phoner (free but buggy)

You can then  use TAPI2FMPRO to drive some really cool phone features. Does anyone know of a way to get TAPI data into filemaker? Thats is without having to purchase the above mentioned TAPI2FMPPRO plugin.