AnsweredAssumed Answered

Script to Direct Login to Specific Record, based on Account Name in IWP Help.

Question asked by RyanCantor on Dec 27, 2011
Latest reply on Dec 30, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Script to Direct Login to Specific Record, based on Account Name in IWP Help.

Ok. So I have a database of employees. Each employee will have an account name, this is dictated by a field in their employee record called username. 

When an employee logs into IWP, I want it to automatically bring them to their page. So I've been doing, Find, Username = Get(AccountName) 

However this isn't working at all. I am maintaining a very restrictive enviornment, so by which once I get them only to their record, they won't be able to move onto another record, etc. But in other IWP Layouts, they will be able to see their employees, who are also in the employee table (self-relationship). 

If I restrict their ability to only view records, to Username=Get(AccountName), that works and they login and can only see their page. But unfortunately, they can't see any of their employees because at the top level security I'm only allowing them to see themselves. 

My goal is to let them see all employees, based on the layout I set for them, but when they login need them to go to a specific record basically.

I've tried finds, i've tried go to record by calculation, i've tried doing it the bad unprofoessional way of entering find mode, set field by name, and perform find, and still nothing is working. 

Any help?

Outcomes