AnsweredAssumed Answered

script to get user selected records associated with invoice ID

Question asked by mdscarpa on Dec 24, 2009
Latest reply on Jan 4, 2010 by philmodjunk

Title

script to get user selected records associated with invoice ID

I am developing a database, have a customer table, jobs table, and invoice table so far. It is for a service business, landscaping specifically, so customers are usually billed monthly. In my jobs table I have a field called "invoiced?" when the job is created this field is automatically set to pending. I plan on creating a layout using a sub-summary report sorted by customer to list all jobs by customer where invoiced? = "pending". I want to place a button next to each customer name that I can click and it will assign all the related records (that fit the criteria of invoiced? = "pending" and possibly date constraints) to a single invoice. I figured the best way to do this would be to associate them through a realationship where clicking the invoice button would assign the same invoice number to all the pertinant records for that customer. I am fairly new at scripting and do not really know where to start with this. Also should I create the report layout under the jobs table or should i create the layout as a portal in the invoice table? Thanks in advance.

Outcomes