which version of FileMaker ?
Filemaker 10 pro
Just an idea…
1. Set a global variable ($$toggle) to 0 (off) in your start-up script.
2. Set $$toggle to not $$toggle in your button script. This will set it to 1 or 0 (on or off)
3. For the field in question, use the conditional formula to If($$toggle)…set the background and text color you want.
Hope this helps.
1) Create a button with this script step:
Set Field [ yourField ; Let( $flag = Abs ( $flag - 1 ) ; YourField ) ]
2) Conditional format yourField with this:
Formula is $flag
and choose the fill color.
I tried your version, just like you have it written, and it isn't working.
This is really simple and I can't make it not working.
Try another time or give me your email.
You're good & I'm not.
<email blanked out by TSGal due to privacy - private message sent to raybaudi with email address>
Jeff_D and raybaudi:
I have sent you both a private message. To access the private message, go to the top of this page, look on the right side just under the blue bar where it says "X Messages". Click here to read the message.
I am trying to accomplish this task. I am not an experienced programmer and only have intermediate skills at using FileMaker.
Do you mind elaborating further about how to use this script? For instance the steps taken to assign this script to a button, what you do in the flag portion of the script and how and where do you assign the color in the script?
Basically I need step by step instructions...assume I know nothing.